Healthcare facility design and construction must be justified by a functional purpose and be well thought out. While overall building aesthetics are important to all parties, the design decisions need to consider value and return on investment (ROI). The goal is to solve business problems and deliver efficient and effective care. Every aspect of your healthcare building should support treatment functions, care efficiencies and positive experiences for staff, patients and families.
EXXCEL’s approach to planning a successful project, whether a new medical office building (MOB) construction or renovation of an existing facility, involves key elements in the process, including:
- Value engineering that involves innovation and collaboration with stakeholders
- Sustainability and energy efficiency
- Supporting core care functions and goals
- Healthcare design based on proven evidence based data
- A complete lifecycle plan that looks at first cost, operational cost, and life cycle costs